Sweet Potato and Apple Casserole
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 Granny Smith apples
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- Combine Sue Bee Honey, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, bourbon, brown sugar and butter.
- Cook on medium heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently; set aside.
- Slice apples lengthwise and toss with lemon juice.
- Slice baked sweet potatoes.
- Spray 9x13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange apples and sweet potatoes in layers in casserole.
- If using pecans, sprinkle them on top.
- Pour sauce over casserole.
- Bake at 350 F, uncovered, in middle of oven, basting occasionally, for about 30-45 minutes or until apples are tender and sweet potatoes are hot.
- Add marshmallows on top of casserole during last 15 minutes of baking.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/