Taco Beef Nuggets With Dipping Sauce
Write a review
- 1/4 Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 lb ground round
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild green chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) package colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups nacho cheese flavored tortilla chips
- 6 tablespoons taco sauce
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Combine ground beef, taco seasoning and green chilies in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Divide beef mixture into 16 portions; shape each portion around a cheese cube, completely covering cheese.
- Beat egg white with water in shallow dish until blended.
- Place chips in second shallow dish.
- Dip each meatball into egg white mixture, then into chips to coat completely.
- Press each meatball with palm into a flattened nugget shape, generously coating both sides of nugget with chips.
- Spray large baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place nuggets in baking pan; spray tops of nuggets generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake in 400 F oven 15 to 20 minutes until no longer pink and juices show no pink color.
- Meanwhile combine taco sauce and Sue Bee Honey in a small microwave-safe dish. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until warm.
- Serve nuggets with sauce.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/