Tangy Sweet and Sour Pork Shoulder Steak Bake
Write a review
- 2/3 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 4 lbs pork shoulder steaks
- 2 tablespoons mustard powder
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 3/4 cups ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 medium onions
- vegetable oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- seasoning salt
- 2-3 teaspoons bottled horseradish sauce
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13x9baking dish.
- Season the steaks with seasoning salt or white salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat then brown the pork steaks on both sides.
- Transfer the steaks to the prepared baking dish.
- Top the steaks with green bell pepper slices.
- In a medium saucepan add in about 4 tablespoons oil and saute the onions, garlic and dried pepper flakes for about 4 minutes or until soft.
- Add in the Sue Bee Honey, ketchup, cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, juice from 2 lemons, dry mustard powder and horseradish; mix to combine and simmer for 25-30 minutes, adjusting ingredients to taste and seasoning with black pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the browned pork steaks in the baking dish.
- Cover tightly with heavy foil.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Uncover and season sauce with salt if desired and turn the steaks over with long tongs.
- Place back in the over uncovered until tender about 20-30 minutes longer or until the pork is tender.
- Skim off any fat from the top of the sauce.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/