- 3 tablespoons Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- In a medium pot, heat the oil.
- Add the onion and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until tender and lightly browned on the edges, about 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and thyme; stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the Sue Bee Honey, tomatoes, broth, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until reduced by a quarter and thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Using a standard or immersion blender, puree about half the soup; it will still be chunky and thick.
- Return it to the pot and stir in the cream.
- Heat gently and adjust the seasonings.
- Ladle into bowls, sprinkle with the parsley if using, and serve immediately.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/