Tomato Romano Soup
Write a review
- 1/2 teaspoon Sue Bee® Honey
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 lb pecorino romano cheese
- 1/2 lb cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 (28 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 cups onion
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Heat butter in a pot.
- Add onions and garlic. Saute 5 minutes.
- Add Sue Bee Honey, tomatoes, rosemary, basil and sherry. Bring to a boil. Reduce. Cover. Simmer 30 minutes.
- Puree in batches. Return to pot.
- Whisk in the cheeses until blended and creamy.
- Heat through. Season with salt and pepper.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/