Trail Mix Cookies
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup sesame seed
- 1/3 cup flax seed
- 3/4 cup sunflower seed
- 1 cup slivered almond
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricot
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Cream the Sue Bee Honey, shortening, brown sugar and eggs together.
- Combine the flour, wheat germ, baking soda and salt.
- Add to the creamed mixture gradually and beat until blended.
- Stir in the oats, fruits, nuts, seeds and chocolate chips.
- Mix well.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
- Cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer cookies to a rack and cool completely.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/