Upper Crust Bakery Apple-Bran Muffins
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 2 (8 ounce) cartons yogurt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup dried apple
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups of pure natural bran
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1 1/3 cups stone ground whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 lemon, rind of
- In a large bowl blend together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients, and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry ingredients, and mix until the dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Do not overmix.
- Refrigerate batter overnight.
- Muffin batter can be kept refrigerated for about 1 week.
- To bake, spray the top of the muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- Line the cups with paper liners.
- Fill each cup to the rim with muffin batter.
- Bake at 400 F.
- 25-30 minutes.
- Muffins are done when firm and just lightly colored around edges.
- The tops will overflow when baked to meet other muffins.
- Cut apart to serve.
- For standard size muffins, fill cups 2/3 full.
- Brush tops with warm Sue Bee Honey, if desired, while still warm.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/