Veggie Black Bean Stew
- 2 tablespoons Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 large onions
- 5 tablespoons sour cream
- 5 tablespoons monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup carrot
- 1/2 cup celery
- 2 tablespoons green onions
- In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, saute the onions, celery, carrot, red pepper and garlic in 1/4 cup chicken broth and 1 tablespoon olive oil until tender.
- Add the Sue Bee Honey, beans, broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin and oregano; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro. Simmer until stew thickens (about 5-15 minutes longer).
- Garnish with cheese, sour cream, and green onion.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/